A stake is a piece of wood with a point at one end. It remains one of the most effective weapons for slaying vampires. In order for the weapon to be effective, it must penetrate the vampire's heart. In Young Dracula both vampires and slayers wield stakes.
Vampires killed by the stake
- Adze Ramanga (killed by Mina Van Helsing)
- Bertrand (killed by Vladimir Dracula)
- Ramanga (killed by Count Dracula)
- Grand High Vampire (killed by Boris Dracula)
- Farah (bounty hunter, killed by Talitha)
- Arta Dracula (killed by Elizabeta Vaccaria offscreen)
- Kai (bounty hunter, killed by Shango Ramanga)
- Caretaker (killed by Erin Noble)
- Unknown feral (killed by slayers with a football post)
Other notable appearances
In "Sweet Sixteen" Van Helsing and Jonno attempt to give up vampire slaying by destroying all the stakes they have so that Mina will live with them again. After destroying many stakes, Eric reveals that he has been hiding a secret stash of weapons. In the same episode, the Count attempts to kill Magda in her sleep using a stake he gained from a slayer he killed, only for him to hesitate until she woke up.