Formatting Help, a page to help new users create and format pages. For general guidelines see Wiki Guidelines.
Creating new pages
To write a new article, just enter the article title in the box below.
Tips for creating new pages
- Does the page need an infobox? An infobox is a template used to collect and present a subset of information about its subject. Most pages on the wiki have infoboxes. You can add an infobox by using the 'Add other templates' option in the edit mode panel on the right hand side.
- Give the page a category. On the right hand side of the editor is a "Categories" module. Click to expand this and you will see a list of the categories already present. To add a category, type the category name in the input area above the existing categories. As you type, you will see suggestions appear. Popular categories include subcategories under Category:Universe and Category:Characters.
General formatting tips
- Check spelling and grammar before submitting an edit.
- Page names at the top of articles should be in bold.
- All Universe and Character articles should be written in past tense. The top paragraph may be written in present tense if the character is still alive.
- Link other articles. The wiki is easier to navigate if every page has links. If you mention a character, create a link to their page by putting double brackets [[ and ]] around their name in 'source mode'. You can also use the hyperlink button in visual mode. Link to Ingrid Dracula in source mode:
- Mention episodes by creating a link to the episode and using " " quotation marks. Link to "When You're a Stranger" in source mode:
"[[When You're a Stranger]]"
- Add titles and subtitles for page clarity. The relationship section of a character page uses this standard formatting:
==Relationships== ===Ingrid Dracula=== ===Erin Noble===
What to remember
While Young Dracula Wiki tries to accept edits which are done in good faith, don't be offended if your contributions are edited for spelling, grammar or formatting. All references to fanon will be removed and deliberate vandalism reversed.