A clan is loosely defined as a large family or group of families. Clans are very important to vampires. Some of the old clans are very powerful and are highly respected in the vampire world.
The main clans in the series
- Dracula Clan
- The Dracula family
- Ramanga Clan
- The Ramanga family
Clans which are discussed briefly
- Baraque Clan
- The Baraque Clan are highly respected and hold great influence, but they do have a weakness. During the East Blood War they secretly betrayed their allies in return for leverage. Vlad and Bertrand discussed this clan in "The Return".
- Goffanon Clan
- Gwindle was bloodbound to Coravax and their daughter was Lucrezia. Discussed by Ingrid and Piers in "Fight or Flight".
- Cihuateteo Clan
- Nothing is known about the Cihuateteo clan. Their family tree appeared on Ingrid's computer when Piers hacked into Warnock's files in "Fight or Flight".
- Impundulu Clan
- The Impundulu clan took their name from the legend. The Impundulu is a vampire-like bird from South African folklore. The clan was discussed by Ingrid and Piers in "Fight or Flight".
- Lecushka Clan
- Nothing is known about the Lecushka Clan. The Lecushka clan was mentioned on a newspaper where it said that the Lecushka clan was slain.
The family trees appeared on Ingrid's computer when Piers hacked into Warnock's files in "Fight or Flight".
These families might also be considered clans
- This old vampire family might consider themselves a 'clan'. Atilla and Krone were members of the Vampire High Council.
- Another old vampire family with a long and important history. They are closely connected with the Vampire High Council, suggesting they have a lot of influence.
- The Vaccaria family are not known to directly possess much power or influence, although, since one of it's two known members was a shapeshifter, it's entirely likely that they may have had much more influence than what it seems.